Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Well, I blew it...

Ummm, okay so I realize that I haven't posted since September of last year. Yep, that's 5 months, I think. I do have an excuse though..."baby brain". That's right, another Means is on the way...literally about to come very very soon. So, we found out in late July of last year that we were expecting, again! Very excited and SHOCKED too. Now its 8 months later and baby is due March 29th! And, it's a GIRL!! I thought the whole time that it was a boy and was in total disbelief when the ultrasound tech said "well, it's girl". Tears filled my eyes and I just kept having visions of pink, sparkly tutus (still having these visions today:)). Let's just say that family and friends are making these dreams I have come to life with all the fun pink things we have received as gifts. Oh, and we decided on a name too (finally!), Linley Ann Means. It's a little combination of family names: Lin is from Monica's (Seth's mom) middle name, Lynne. Ley (sounds like "lee") is from my Mammaw's name, Rosalie. Ann is my moms middle name. We absolutely love it and can't wait to call her by name sometime in the next 3 weeks. I had a dr appt yesterday and I am already 2 cms dilated and 80% effaced. Dr. Villers thinks that Linley will be here sometime around the 20th (telling myself not to freak out at the moment because that is 15 days away...yikes).

So other than the fact that our family will be growing again soon, we have many other things that have been going on or will be happening in the future. Umm, let's see well our house is on the market because we are moving in 3.5 months. Atlanta here we come! Oh and Seth has this little thing called Oral Boards that he kind of has to study for in June. It's actually a huge deal because he has to pass!! He is almost done with his residency here in Charleston and will be starting a Radiology MSK (musculoskeletal) fellowship in Atlanta for one year, hence the move. Lots going on here in the Means household, but its all good and exciting!

In the meantime, I am still preparing for baby here at home and tying up loose ends at work. I will not be going back to work IN the office since we are moving 3 months after the baby get here. Working from home (in Atlanta) is an option, so going to give that a try after we get settled.

So I promise to try to update this more!! I fell off the blog bandwagon, but really want to get back on. Not making any promises though as things are about to get even more crazy around here.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!! That is awesome!! Lily was born march 30... March girls are fun! I'm excited for you to have one of each!

    Good luck with fellowship and oral boards! Ugh. It really will end one day. You are a trooper!

    Please share pictures when Linley Ann comes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing Linley's pictures on the blog! We're excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You're back to blogging! Atlanta is closer than Charleston, which makes me super happy... Especially since Kate and Linley are obviously going to be best friends! Congrats on all of your exciting things coming up! Love you!

    ReplyDelete